United Industries recently passed on some information to us here at Grimco that we felt could be very beneficial! Static is not well received on clothes, hair, substrates - all the above! Being able to combat static is crucial when handling Styrene faced signs. Continue reading to see what Wade Sisco at United Industries has to say about it.
- Nucleus: Center of an atom made up of Protons and Neutrons
- Protons: Positively charged particles located within an atom’s nucleus
- Neutrons: Neutrally charged particles located in the nucleus
- Electrons: Negatively charged particles that travel around the nucleus
- Simco Ionizing Air Gun, Top Gun, 7′ Cable/Hose, 120V
- Ionizing Air Gun Electrostatic Eliminator 4.6KV 0.3-0.8Mpa
ESD wands may consist of a rod or string that comes in contact with the sign substrate as it is fed into the machine. These wands are grounded to the printer chassis to assist in the discharge of electrostatic. Examples of these include:
- Ion360 Wand by Stopstatic
- Static String by Stopstatic
- AirCare 831000 Space-Saver
- AIRCARE EP9 800 Digital Whole-House Pedestal-Style Evaporative Humidifier
Hopefully these tips and informational tricks will help you beat static when it comes to handling Styrene faced substrates! You can view the original article here on United Industries website.